Being sustainable can sound overwhelming- where do you start? We believe small decisions have great impact and we take the time to look for those products that carry greatness in them, so that you don't have to. Trust us, we've done the leg work. Spot our icons next to each product on the site to quickly learn about their story.
- Community | Collaboration is key to a more connected future. We believe every person deserves quality of life and that this is possible if we administrate resources wisely. Women are at the heart of what we do - often head of families raising their children single handedly. Discover our hand-woven baskets crafted in the rural plains outside Mombasa.
- Fairly Traded | "Demand quality, in the products that you buy and in the lives of the people who made them" Orsola De Castro. For our smaller producers becoming Fair Trade certified can be costly therefore we work to the 10 principles of Fair Trade. This includes making regular workshop visits to check there is no child labour and that working conditions meet our high social and environmental standards. In addition we pay at least 50% up front for all of our orders and never beat down prices ensuring everyone gets a fair deal.
- Handmade | Hands have the power to transform and create something from nothing. All our products are made by hand by artisans near and far who use their traditional craftsmanship techniques and local resources to support their families and share pieces of their culture with the world.
- Made In The UK | Our design team is based in London and the seaside town of Margate. Our sister brand Hiro+Wolf pet accessories for cats & dogs is made in England, from pencil to packaging.
- Recycled | We work with recycled brass and aluminium, utilising these surplus materials from several industries to ensure our efforts towards zero waste. Fun -or not so fun- fact: £36,000,000 worth of aluminium is thrown away each year and if all cans in the UK were recycled, we would need 14 million fewer dustbins. That's a lot more space for plants in our eyes.
- Zero Waste | We work towards a zero waste philosophy. Similar to the way that resources organically transform themselves and get reused in nature, these products are designed to provide new uses to extend materials' lifespan, creating a full sustainable cycle.
- Organic | Pesticides are known for their harmful effect on us and the environment. We stock delicious edibles and soaps produced using only organically sourced ingredients.
- Vegan | Look for this icon for animal-free products. We are respectful of all creatures and believe in their fair treatment. No product from our beauty range has been tested on animals.